Spurs' Leonard among 27 set for U.S. camp
San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard, enjoying a strong NBA Finals, is one of 27 young players scheduled to attend USA Basketball's minicamp in July.
SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard, enjoying a strong NBA Finals, is one of 27 young players scheduled to attend USA Basketball's minicamp in July.
Cleveland All-Star Kyrie Irving and Portland's Damian Lillard, who succeeded him as Rookie of the Year, were also among the players announced Wednesday. Indiana's Paul George and Jrue Holiday of Philadelphia were the other All-Stars to earn an invitation.
The players will train from July 22-25 in Las Vegas, capped by an intrasquad exhibition game on July 25 at the Thomas & Mack Center.
They'll be coached by Mike Krzyzewski and his assistants Jim Boeheim, Monty Williams and Tom Thibodeau.
Also chosen Wednesday: Mike Conley (Memphis), Anthony Davis and Ryan Anderson (New Orleans Pelicans); Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried (Denver); Harrison Barnes and Klay Thompson (Golden State); John Wall and Bradley Beal (Washington); DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento); DeMar DeRozan (Toronto); Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond (Detroit); Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward (Utah); Taj Gibson (Chicago); DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers); Chandler Parsons (Houston); Larry Sanders (Milwaukee); Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller (Cleveland); and Kemba Walker (Charlotte).
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Obama announces sanctions against Russians
- Earthquake strongly felt across Los Angeles 45 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- Video: Swan attacks elderly woman in Berks Co.
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- Photos: Pictures from Phila. St. Patrick's Parade
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos