Jazz build new $15M scoreboards for arena
Owners of EnergySolutions Arena are upgrading the home turf of the Utah Jazz with a new $15 million scoreboard system.SALT LAKE CITY -- Owners of EnergySolutions Arena are upgrading the home turf of the Utah Jazz with a new $15 million scoreboard system.
Officials with Miller Sports Properties, which owns the arena, made the announcement Monday afternoon.
The centerpiece of the new display system will be four high-definition screens in the center of the arena that run parallel to the court's sidelines and baselines.
Two longer screens will measure 42 feet long and 24 feet high, and two screens facing the baseline will be 26 feet long and 17 feet high.
The entire unit will weigh about 55,000 pounds.
The current center-court screens are only 10 feet by 10 feet, and have been in place since the arena was constructed in 1991.
The new system will also include four video boards in the arena's upper corners to display video highlights and game statistics, among other information.
Arena officials said improvements also include two LED-light rings stretching around the inside of the arena and an upgraded sound system.
The upgrades are scheduled to be completed by October, before the 2013-2014 NBA season.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 38 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos