Westbrook off his crutches, says 'I'm back'
All-Star Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook posted a video on the Vine social media service earlier this week to announce he no longer needs to use crutches, a big milestone in his recovery from knee surgery last month.
All-Star Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook posted a video on the Vine social media service earlier this week to announce he no longer needs to use crutches, a big milestone in his recovery from knee surgery in late April.
In the video, Westbrook hobbles out to his pool on a crutch but then takes the crutch and mockingly slams it over his knee and tosses it into the water. Then, holding a basketball in a shooting motion, he says, "I'm back."
He was hurt in Game 2 of the Thunder's first-round series versus the Houston Rockets, which Oklahoma City eventually won in six games. He had surgery to repair a lateral meniscus tear in his right knee on April 27.
Westbrook, 24, was hurt on April 24 when Rockets rookie Patrick Beverley lunged for a steal as Westbrook stopped to call a timeout in the second quarter of Game 2. He remained in the game, which the Thunder won 105-102, and it wasn't until two days later that the team announced he'd miss the rest of the playoffs.
The team had said last month that it wouldn't be until Westbrook got off of his crutches that a timetable for him to get back on the court would be established.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 31 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90 58 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 52 min ago
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge 50 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Vietnam says it may have found missing...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos