Josh Smith meets with Pistons, sources say
Free agent forward Josh Smith meets with Detroit Pistons.
While Dwight Howard was meeting with the Houston Rockets in Los Angeles as free agency opened, sources confirmed to ESPN.com that his former AAU teammate, Josh Smith, was sitting down with the Detroit Pistons across town.
ESPN.com's Marc Stein reported early Sunday that the Pistons would make a strong push for Smith. The news of the meeting, which took place shortly after free agency became official at 12:01 a.m. ET on Monday, was first reported by Yahoo! Sports.
The 6-foot-9 Smith has spent his entire nine-year career with the Atlanta Hawks after being drafted out of high school in 2004, and the team remains in the mix to sign him.
Smith, 27, averaged 17.5 points and 8.4 rebounds this past season while earning $13.2 million and likely will be highly sought after on the open market, especially in a lackluster free-agent class.
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos