Sources: Allen agrees to stay with Grizzlies
Tony Allen has agreed to a four-year, $20 million with the Memphis Grizzlies, sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.Tony Allen has agreed to a four-year, $20 million with the Memphis Grizzlies, sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Ramona Shelburne.
Teams and players can only reach verbal agreements until the league's annual moratorium on signings and trades is lifted July 10.
Allen, a nine-year veteran, averaged 8.9 points and 4.6 rebounds per game last season, his third with the Grizzlies.
Allen, a former Boston Celtics first-round pick in 2004, is widely regarded as one of the NBA's premier defenders. Allen has been named to the NBA All-Defensive first team in each of the last two seasons.
- Oil slick, debris not from missing Malaysia jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: Skydiver's mid-air collision with plane
- Photos: Kevin Grow joins Harlem Globetrotters
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act 56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos