Reports: Howard picks up big breakfast tab
According to multiple reports, Dwight Howard was eating breakfast at a midtown Houston restaurant Tuesday morning and decided to pick up the tab for every other patron.
According to multiple reports, Howard was eating breakfast at a midtown Houston restaurant Tuesday morning and decided to pick up the tab for every patron.
Numerous fans tweeted that they saw Howard at The Breakfast Klub, where the star center apparently also conducted a brief interview with a Houston television station.
Howard told ESPN this past Friday that he has agreed to join the Rockets following a turbulent season with the Los Angeles Lakers. The seven-time All-Star is expected to sign a four-year, $88 million contract -- the maximum amount for a free agent joining a new team.
The Rockets cannot officially announce the deal until Wednesday, when the NBA lifts its annual moratorium on player-related transactions.
"I just felt like everything in Houston was right for me," Howard told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "It's a great opportunity. Me and James Harden together I think can be really, really unbelievable. We get the opportunity to really grow together."
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos