76ers acquire troubled White from Rockets
The Philadelphia 76ers have acquired the rights to Royce White and Furkan Aldemir from the Houston Rockets for future draft considerations.
The Sixers announced the deal on Saturday.
White was a first-round pick (16th overall) last summer and never played for the Rockets. The 6-foot-8 White was on the inactive list as he worked on an arrangement with the team to balance his acknowledged anxiety disorder with the demands of the NBA schedule.
White was vocal on Twitter throughout the saga, often criticizing the team. The Rockets suspended White on Jan. 6 after he refused to accept an assignment to Rio Grande Valley in the NBDL.
Aldemir was the 53rd overall pick by the L.A. Clippers in the 2012 NBA draft. His rights were traded to Houston that night as part of a four-team deal that also involved Dallas and Utah.
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 15 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
15 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
1 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos