Hill, Gibson pull out of camp for Team USA
Indiana Pacers point guard George Hill has pulled out of this week's Team USA camp in Las Vegas due to a scheduling conflict.
USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo says he doesn't know the exact reason Hill canceled. He says he wants to find out what led to Hill's decision before he makes any determination on the gritty Pacers guard's future chances with the team.
Team USA is scheduled to kick off a four-day camp on Monday to start preparing for the 2014 World Cup in Madrid. The Americans have already qualified for the tournament, so a group of 28 younger players are coming in for a camp to get acquainted with coach Mike Krzyzewski and the staff.
Hill averaged 14.8 points and a career-high 4.9 assists for the Pacers last season. Gibson averaged 8.0 points and 5.3 rebounds for the Bulls.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Man critical after police-involved shooting
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila. 59 min ago
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt 15 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Middle Township crash
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos