Sources: Oden works out for Heat, Pelicans
Greg Oden went through a two-hour workout Tuesday in Indianapolis in front of Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, new Sacramento Kings general manager Pete D'Alessandro and representatives from the New Orleans Pelicans, according to sources.
Greg Oden went through a two-hour workout Tuesday in Indianapolis in front of Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra, new Sacramento Kings general manager Pete D'Alessandro and representatives from the New Orleans Pelicans, according to sources close to the situation.
Sources told ESPN that Oden will put his skills on display again Thursday for Atlanta Hawks officials -- along with representatives from San Antonio and New Orleans -- before sitting down for his long-anticipated private meeting with the Pelicans later this week in Las Vegas.
The San Antonio Spurs and Dallas Mavericks also continue to pursue Oden hard. One source close to the process told ESPN.com that teams in the Oden hunt are still in the information-gathering stage and that none has yet put forth an official offer to the former No. 1 overall pick.
"It went well," the source told ESPN about the workouts. "He did a ton of agility stuff, ran suicides and also did drills on the court."
Sources maintain that Miami and San Antonio, fresh off dueling in the NBA Finals, are still positioned as the co-favorites for Oden's services. ESPN.com reported earlier this month that the Cleveland Cavaliers were also in the Oden mix until the recent signing of center Andrew Bynum.
Oden has played just 82 career NBA games after being selected No. 1 overall by Portland in 2007. He hasn't appeared in an NBA game since Dec. 5, 2009, due to numerous knee problems, and he underwent his third microfacture knee surgery in 2012.
But Oden, sources said, is down to 275 pounds after being as heavy as 315 at one point while out of the game.
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 16 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 25 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea 56 min ago
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 15 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
14 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
16 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos