Thunder re-sign G Fisher to 1-year contract
The Oklahoma City Thunder re-signed guard Derek Fisher on Wednesday. A league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin that Fisher signed a one-year, $1.4 million contract with the team.
A league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin that Fisher signed a one-year, $1.4 million contract with the team. It will be Fisher's 18th season in the league, and he enters it with the intention that it will be his last, the source said.
The 38-year-old Fisher has spent parts of the past two seasons with the Thunder, averaging 4.5 points in 44 regular-season games. He has averaged 7.1 points in 31 playoff games for them.
The five-time NBA champion with the Los Angeles Lakers has appeared in 240 postseason games.
Thunder general manager Sam Presti said in a statement: "Fisher has proven to be a valuable member of our team and we are excited to have him back.
"He has such a positive impact on his teammates and the organization."
Fisher is the president of the National Basketball Players Association.
Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy 48 min ago
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown 34 min ago
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del. 40 min ago
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos