Sources: Ayon claimed off waivers by Hawks
The Atlanta Hawks have claimed center Gustavo Ayon off waivers, sources told ESPN.com.The Atlanta Hawks have claimed center Gustavo Ayon off waivers, sources told ESPN.com.
The Milwaukee Bucks waived Ayon last week before his $1.5 million salary became guaranteed. The Hawks will pick up the 6-foot-10 Mexican's salary, which now becomes guaranteed.
The Hawks and Bucks have been involved in a series of transactions involving each other this summer. The Bucks signed Hawks' restricted free agent point guard Jeff Teague to an $8 million per season offer sheet, which the Hawks matched. The Bucks also signed Hawks backup center Zaza Pachulia to a three-year, $15 million deal earlier this month.
Ayon, who averaged 3.7 points and 4.9 rebounds in 55 games with the Bucks and Orlando Magic last season, will essentially replace Pachulia.
In February, the Bucks and Hawks had extensive trade talks involving Josh Smith but ended up not making a deal.
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 2 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos