Sources: Pistons to acquire Bucks' Jennings
Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Tuesday that Brandon Jennings is headed to the Detroit Pistons in a sign-and-trade deal that will net the restricted free agent a new three-year contract worth in excess of $25 million.
Nearly a month after free agency began, Brandon Jennings has a new home.
Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com on Tuesday that the Detroit Pistons have agreed to a sign-and-trade deal that will net Jennings, a restricted free agent, a new three-year contract worth in excess of $25 million.
ESPN.com first reported Tuesday that the Bucks and Pistons were in advanced discussions on a deal to finally rescue Jennings from a frustrating July on the open market in which the restricted free agent appeared to be frozen out of the big money.
Jennings was considering returning to the Bucks on a one-year qualifying offer -- which would have made him an unrestricted free agent -- until the Pistons swooped in with serious trade interest.
The Pistons signed Billups to mentor Knight, but have chosen to replace Knight with Jennings.
Information from ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard and The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 2 min ago
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Video: Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos