Pelicans unveil blue, red and gold uniforms
The New Orleans Pelicans now have uniforms to go with a new team name, emblems and color scheme the NBA franchise released earlier this year.
METAIRIE, La. -- The New Orleans Pelicans now have uniforms to go with a new team name, emblems and color scheme the NBA franchise released earlier this year.
The club, which competed as the Hornets last season, unveiled new uniforms Thursday on new practice courts built alongside the headquarters of the NFL's Saints in suburban New Orleans.
The home uniforms are white with gold and red trim, with "New Orleans" written in navy blue across the front, along with blue numbers.
The road uniforms are navy blue with the same trim, but with lettering and numbers in white.
The club's primary logo, with a basketball tucked under a soaring pelican's beak, appears on the sides of the shorts.
Forward Anthony Davis says he's eager to wear the uniform in games.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos