Ex-player Ehlo released from Spokane jail
Former NBA player Craig Ehlo was released from jail Friday and ordered to stay away from family members and his rural Spokane County home.SPOKANE, Wash. -- Former NBA player Craig Ehlo was released from jail Friday and ordered to stay away from family members and his rural Spokane County home.
Superior Court Judge James Triplet set Ehlo's arraignment for Aug. 14 on a charge of first-degree reckless burning, a Class C felony, the Spokesman-Review reported.
Ehlo also was ordered to stay away from fire-starting materials and remain in Washington state.
His lawyer's name wasn't immediately available Friday night.
The 51-year-old Ehlo was arrested early Thursday at his home. Court documents say sheriff's deputies found him being held down by family members near a pile of his burning clothes. The gasoline-fueled fire reportedly damaged an awning and siding at the home. The documents did not provide additional details.
Ehlo was treated for undisclosed injuries before being booked into jail.
Deputy Craig Chamberlin said earlier that deputies learned Ehlo had argued with his wife Wednesday night. Chamberlin said family members reported that Ehlo subsequently piled up clothes next to the garage and set them afire.
The charge he faces carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison and a $10,000 fine, the newspaper said.
Ehlo recently coached at Eastern Washington University and resigned July 11.
He played at Washington State University from 1981 to 1983 and was drafted into the NBA by the Houston Rockets. He played for 14 seasons with the Rockets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Atlanta Hawks and Seattle SuperSonics.
Ehlo also worked as a television analyst for the Sonics and Gonzaga.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos