King's procession: Cops help LeBron to show
NBA MVP LeBron James says he needed an assist to get to a Justin Timberlake and Jay Z concert Friday night.
MIAMI GARDENS, Fla. -- NBA MVP LeBron James says he needed an assist to get to a Justin Timberlake and Jay Z concert Friday night.
The Miami Heat star posted a video of him saying he was following "a police escort on the wrong side of the street" to get to the concert at Sun Life Stadium. The eight-second video shows James' vehicle behind others with police lights flashing, as oncoming traffic on the three-lane side of the road allowed them to pass.
The video was posted to James' social media accounts. The Heat star also tweeted about the police escort.
They treat us so well! Needed it cause traffic was nuts!! http://t.co/UIWRZE2BVQ— LeBron James (@KingJames) August 17, 2013
It was unclear what law enforcement agency was providing the escort, which appeared to be taking place in the vicinity of the stadium. Traffic around much of the area was clogged because of the concert.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car 18 min ago
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Van crash leaves 2 men trapped in Center City
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 25 min ago
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by...
18 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos