Lawson domestic violence hearing delayed
An initial hearing in the domestic violence case against Denver Nuggets guard Ty Lawson is being delayed until September.
Prosecutors asked for the postponement on Friday to give them more time to investigate.
Both Lawson and his pregnant girlfriend Ashley Pettiford were arrested following a fight at their home Saturday. Pettiford said she heard Lawson on the phone with another woman and said Lawson pushed her as she packed her things. She's accused of breaking Lawson's phone.
Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson tells KMGH-TV that the conflict "was a mutual situation." Both were arrested and held over the weekend.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing 36 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts 44 min ago
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still...
36 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos