Clippers sign Jamison to one-year contract
The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to sign forward Antawn Jamison to a one-year deal worth the veteran's minimum, a source close to the situation told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Monday.
Jamison played for the Los Angeles Lakers last season, averaging 9.4 points and 4.8 rebounds. He has been unabashed in his desire to play for a championship contender in the final years of a 15-year career in which he has averaged 18.8 points and 7.6 rebounds.
"I'm just happy to be a Clipper and contend for a championship," Jamison told ESPNLosAngeles.com.
The 37-year-old Jamison likely will surpass 20,000 career points early next season.
Jamison played through torn wrist ligaments for much of the second half of last season with the Lakers. He underwent surgery and expects to be 100 percent at the start of the season.
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington 17 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 52 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls 43 min ago
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos