Odom arrested early Friday on DUI charge
NBA veteran Lamar Odom was arrested early Friday morning on suspicion of DUI.
NBA veteran Lamar Odom was arrested early Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to police.
Odom was taken into custody at 3:54 a.m. local time after a California Highway Patrol officer saw his white Mercedes-Benz traveling erratically on a San Fernando Valley Freeway. The CHP report said Odom's car was observed traveling in a "serpentine manner" before he pulled off the freeway.
The police report stated that Odom continued to drive when authorities tried to pull him over before he eventually stopped. Odom showed "objective signs of intoxication and was unable to perform field sobriety tests as explained and demonstrated," the CHP report said. At the Van Nuys jail, Odom refused all chemical tests and was booked for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs at 5:01 a.m., CHP officials said.
He was jailed on $15,000 bail and released Friday morning.
Multiple media outlets reported Odom's arrest earlier Friday.
Odom, 33, made headlines this week for alleged drug use. A source told ESPN that Odom was staying at a Los Angeles hotel and friends were trying to help him deal with a drug problem. TMZ had reported that he was missing for 72 hours after a fight with his wife, Khloe Kardashian Odom. Odom's agent refuted a TMZ report Sunday.
TMZ also reported that people close to Odom feared he was involved with drugs.
Odom had his best years during his seven seasons with the Lakers, beginning in 2004-05. The team won NBA championships in 2010 and 2011, and Odom won the NBA's sixth man award in 2011.
After spending the 2012 season with the Dallas Mavericks, he returned to the Clippers last year.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment 35 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1 56 min ago
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough...
35 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos