Grizzlies waive Melo two weeks after trade
The Memphis Grizzlies have waived Fab Melo two weeks after sending forward Donte Greene to the Boston Celtics to acquire the Brazilian center.
The Grizzlies announced the move Friday.
The 7-foot, 255-pound Melo was the 22nd pick overall in 2012 after playing two seasons at Syracuse. Melo played in only six games for Boston, averaging 1.2 points and 6 minutes per game. He played in 33 games for the Maine Red Claws in the NBA D-League.
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 42 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- High winds cause damage across the region
- Photos: Pictures from Thursday's wind damage
- Christie talks taxes at town hall meeting 35 min ago
- Residents forced to vacate East Oak Lane condo
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- Rescue crews pull woman from Schuylkill River
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos