Cleamons, Williams join Drew with Bucks
The Bucks have rounded out new coach Larry Drew's staff with three assistants, including an NBA veteran with roots to the division rival Chicago Bulls.
MILWAUKEE -- The Bucks have rounded out new coach Larry Drew's staff with three assistants, including an NBA veteran with roots to the division rival Chicago Bulls.
General manager John Hammond on Wednesday announced that Jim Cleamons would join the staff. He most recently coached in the Chinese Basketball Association following two decades assisting Phil Jackson with the Bulls and Lakers. Cleamons also served as head coach of the Mavericks in 1996-97, and also had a stint as an assistant in New Orleans.
Former NBA center Scott Williams is joining the Bucks after serving as an assistant for Idaho in the NBA D-League. He played in Milwaukee from 1999-2001.
Also joining Drew as assistant coach/player development is Josh Oppenheimer. Bob Bender and Nick Van Exel were named Bucks assistants earlier this summer.
"I'm excited to be able to assemble this strong coaching staff in Milwaukee," Drew said in a statement. "Jim, Scott and Josh all bring their unique experiences to the Bucks bench as well as diverse coaching skills."
Caron Butler, Brandon Knight, O.J. Mayo and Gary Neal are among the bevy of new Bucks who will play for Drew, who's new himself following three seasons coaching the Atlanta Hawks. Bender and Van Exel also came from Atlanta.
The team also announced that Scott Barthlama was promoted to head athletic trainer. Chris McKenzie was hired as director of physical therapy and athletic trainer, and Robert Hackett was hired as strength and conditioning coach.
- Teen injured in Willingboro hit, run 23 min ago
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- 3 people injured in Roosevelt Boulevard crash
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Authorities: Chris Brown arrested on warrant 47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos