Odom reportedly checks into rehab center
NBA veteran Lamar Odom, in headlines recently for his alleged drug use, has checked into a rehabilitation center, according to a report on People.com.
A source told ESPN that Odom, 33, was staying at a Los Angeles hotel last week and friends were trying to help him deal with a drug problem. TMZ had reported that he was missing for 72 hours after a fight with his wife, Khloe Kardashian Odom. Odom's agent refuted a TMZ report Sunday.
TMZ also reported that people close to Odom feared he was involved with drugs.
Odom was arrested early last Friday on suspicion of driving under the influence, according to police.
Odom was taken into custody at 3:54 a.m. local time after a California Highway Patrol officer saw his white Mercedes-Benz traveling erratically on a San Fernando Valley Freeway. The CHP report said Odom's car was observed traveling in a "serpentine manner" before he pulled off the freeway.
The police report stated that Odom continued to drive when authorities tried to pull him over before he eventually stopped. Odom showed "objective signs of intoxication and was unable to perform field sobriety tests as explained and demonstrated," the CHP report said. At the Van Nuys jail, Odom refused all chemical tests and was booked for investigation of driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs at 5:01 a.m., CHP officials said.
He was jailed on $15,000 bail and released Friday morning.
Odom had his best years during his seven seasons with the Lakers, beginning in 2004-05. The team won NBA championships in 2010 and '11, and Odom won the NBA's sixth man award in 2011.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos