Mullin hired as adviser to Kings owner, GM
The Sacramento Kings on Thursday hired Hall of Famer Chris Mullin as an adviser to owner Vivek Ranadive and general manager Pete D'Alessandro.The Sacramento Kings on Thursday hired Hall of Famer Chris Mullin as an adviser to owner Vivek Ranadive and general manager Pete D'Alessandro.
Mullin had been advising Ranadive in an unofficial capacity since the Silicon Valley software magnate bought the team in May, including scouting ahead of the NBA draft. Ranadive also said he had sought Mullin's advice before hiring D'Alessandro, who worked under Mullin in Golden State's front office.
"Chris Mullin is an incredible addition to our organization," Ranadive said in a statement. "I have great respect for his accomplishments and understanding of the game. From day one, we have focused on making the Sacramento Kings a first-class franchise built for the 21st Century. Chris brings the experience, knowledge, and influence to help us achieve our ultimate goal -- bringing a championship to the fans and city of Sacramento."
Mullin was the general manager of the Warriors from 2004-09, including a memorable playoff run in 2007 when the team upset the top-seeded Dallas Mavericks in the first round. He was a five-time All-Star with Golden State, a member of the USA's gold-medal winning "Dream Team" in 1992 and was inducted into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 2011.
The 50-year-old Mullin had worked as a broadcast analyst for ESPN in recent years and often expressed interest in getting back in a front-office role.
"I couldn't be more excited about joining the Kings and playing a part in making this team a winner again," Mullin said. "I'm especially grateful for the unique opportunity to work in close proximity with a world-class ownership group led by Vivek Ranadive and the talented group of individuals assembled in our front office."
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos