Thunder waive guard Liggins following arrest
The Oklahoma City Thunder waived guard DeAndre Liggins on Friday after he was charged with seven felony counts in a domestic-violence case.
The 24-year-old Liggins was arrested Saturday after his girlfriend told police he attacked her in front of their 2-year-old son.
The Oklahoman reported Friday that Liggins was charged with three counts of domestic abuse, two counts of domestic assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, one count of kidnapping and one count of violating a protective order.
The newspaper said 23-year-old Marcus A. Rogers was charged as a co-defendant with Liggins on one count of kidnapping, and also is charged with an additional count of kidnapping and one count of assault and battery.
Liggins and Rogers are free on bail.
Liggins appeared in 39 games for the Thunder last season, averaging 1.5 points, 1.4 rebounds and 7.4 minutes. In 56 career games with Orlando and Oklahoma City, the former Kentucky player has averaged 1.6 points and 1.2 rebounds.
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft 15 min ago
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Pedestrian killed in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Finally, a nice weekend!
19 min ago
- Vietnam spots oil slicks in missing...
30 min ago
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart...
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos