Report: George, Pacers near $90M-plus deal
The Indiana Pacers are close to finalizing a five-year extension worth more than $90 million with All-Star forward Paul George, Yahoo! Sports reported Sunday night, citing league sources.
The maximum extension is expected to be signed this week, according to the website.
George, the NBA's Most Improved Player in 2012-13, saw his scoring average rise to 19.2 points a game during the 2012-13 postseason, up from 17.4 in the regular season. He helped lead the Pacers to Game 7 of the Eastern Conference finals, where they lost to the eventual champion Miami Heat.
George told the Indianapolis Star last week that he would sign a long-term deal with the Pacers before the start of the season.
"There will be a deal signed and sealed on the table before the season," he told the newspaper. "We're on the same page."
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders 38 min ago
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Frost Advisory Overnight
33 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos