Suns' Frye says he'll return after heart illness
Forward Channing Frye says he will be back with the Phoenix Suns in training camp after sitting out last season with heart-related issues.PHOENIX -- Forward Channing Frye says he will be back with the Phoenix Suns in training camp after sitting out last season with heart-related issues.
Frye made the announcement via Twitter on Sunday:
let me rephrase that. I'll be back next year playing for the Phx suns. I'm happy to be healthy and have a opportunity to keeping playing!— Channing Frye (@Channing_Frye) September 29, 2013
Frye has said that he has been cleared medically by several doctors but the Suns have not officially said he will be back.
Frye has said that a virus caused his heart to enlarge and that the recovery process was a slow one.
The Suns hold their media day on Monday, then hold a five-day training camp in Flagstaff.
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Puppy poisoned in Mantua, New Jersey
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Wawa celebrates 50th birthday with big gifts
- Photos: Wawa celebrates 50 years
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos