Suns' Frye says he'll return after heart illness
Forward Channing Frye says he will be back with the Phoenix Suns in training camp after sitting out last season with heart-related issues.PHOENIX -- Forward Channing Frye says he will be back with the Phoenix Suns in training camp after sitting out last season with heart-related issues.
Frye made the announcement via Twitter on Sunday:
let me rephrase that. I'll be back next year playing for the Phx suns. I'm happy to be healthy and have a opportunity to keeping playing!— Channing Frye (@Channing_Frye) September 29, 2013
Frye has said that he has been cleared medically by several doctors but the Suns have not officially said he will be back.
Frye has said that a virus caused his heart to enlarge and that the recovery process was a slow one.
The Suns hold their media day on Monday, then hold a five-day training camp in Flagstaff.
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos