Chalk talk: LeBron returns to pregame ritual
After more than a two-year hiatus, LeBron James has decided to bring back his once trademark pregame chalk toss for this season.
PARADISE ISLAND, Bahamas -- After more than a two-year hiatus, LeBron James has decided to bring back his pregame chalk toss this season.
James is on the cover of a recently unveiled video game and it features the toss, which served as the announcement that it was coming back. He tweeted a link to a Nike commercial from 2008 that featured the routine.
A pregame staple for years, James abruptly stopped the practice during the 2011 playoffs and hasn't gone back to it. He said it was one of the things fans commonly asked about when they saw him or through social media, so he decided over the summer to revive it.
"It's just me," James said after the Miami Heat's practice Wednesday at the Atlantis Resort. "I love my fans and they wanted it back. They wanted me to do it, so it's back."
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 34 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel 59 min ago
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard 17 min ago
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry 16 min ago
- Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
57 min ago
- Firefighters rescue puppy from sewer drain
56 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos