Nets' Williams likely out 2 preseason games
Nets point guard Deron Williams said he will not play in the team's preseason opener on Tuesday night in Washington and likely won't play in the team's next preseason game on Saturday night against Philadelphia.
NEW YORK -- Brooklyn Nets point guard Deron Williams told reporters Friday he will not play in the team's preseason opener Tuesday night at Washington and likely will miss its next preseason game as well as he continues to recover from an ankle injury.
Williams suffered a sprain and a bone bruise in his right ankle during an offseason workout in Utah. He has been limited during training camp.
Reserve shooting guard Jason Terry (left knee) says he's a week away from returning to full contact drills.
"I want to get out there, hit a 3, fly around, talk [smack]," Terry said, according to the team's official Twitter account.
Tornike Shengelia remains out of practice because of a problem with his right knee. Gary Forbes missed practice due to illness.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del. 24 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
- Video: Train nearly hits senator
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos