Cavs' Zeller sidelined after appendectomy
Cavaliers forward Tyler Zeller will be sidelined for an indefinite period after having his appendix removed.
CLEVELAND -- Cavaliers forward Tyler Zeller will be sidelined for an indefinite period after having his appendix removed.
The second-year forward had an appendectomy Friday at the Cleveland Clinic. The team said Saturday that Zeller is recovering in the hospital and no timetable has been set for his return.
It's been a tough start to the season for Zeller. He injured his hip last week after a fall in an intrasquad scrimmage and has missed Cleveland's first two preseason games.
Drafted in the first round last year from North Carolina, Zeller averaged 7.9 points and 5.7 rebounds as a rookie.
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 27 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Cabbie allegedly locks doors in credit card dispute
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos