Mavs' Ebanks banned 2 games for DUI plea
Mavericks forward Devin Ebanks has been suspended by the NBA for two games without pay after he entered a no-contest plea to driving under the influence of alcohol, the league said Monday.
Ebanks' suspension will begin with the first game of the 2013-14 regular season for which he is eligible and physically able to play. He signed a nonguaranteed contract with the Mavs this summer and is a long shot to make the team.
Ebanks, 23, was arrested on Nov. 9, 2012, when he was playing for the Los Angeles Lakers. The arrest occurred after Ebanks was stopped for committing a traffic violation at 2:49 a.m., according to the California Highway Patrol.
In three seasons with the Lakers, Ebanks averaged 3.6 points and 1.9 rebounds in 63 games.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos