GM poll: Heat to repeat, LeBron to win MVP
In a poll of all 30 GMs done by NBA.com, the Miami Heat were chosen to win their third straight title, and LeBron James was chosen to capture his second straight MVP award and fifth overall.
NBA general managers are playing it safe with predictions this season.
"You know what, I don't think he went berserk (about the ranking) because he's motivated enough anyway," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said Tuesday night. "It does not matter. This guy is dedicated for the Lakers fans, for himself, for us as a team. He'll do everything he can. I don't think it helps him, hurts him. It's just maybe one more thing that's pushing him, but he doesn't really need it. He's pretty good."
"They probably took into account that he's got an Achilles tendon out," D'Antoni noted. "That's the only thing I can think about. He's probably the second best with a torn Achilles, so that's all I know."
Information from ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin contributed to this report.
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos