Griz sign Pondexter to contract extension
The Memphis Grizzlies signed shooting guard Quincy Pondexter to a contract extension, the team announced Thursday.
Sources told ESPN.com that the Grizzlies were finalizing a four-year deal approaching $15 million with Pondexter before Thursday night's 11:59 p.m. deadline for extensions for first-round picks from the 2010 draft.
Pondexter becomes the sixth first-round pick from the Class of 2010 to score a contract extension before the deadline. He joins the Washington Wizards' John Wall, Indiana Pacers' Paul George, Sacramento Kings' DeMarcus Cousins, Utah Jazz's Derrick Favors and Milwaukee Bucks' Larry Sanders on the list of extension recipients.
ESPN.com reported this month that Ed Davis has also been in talks with the Grizzlies on an extension, but sources said those negotiations were not as far along as those with Pondexter.
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos