Timberwolves' Turiaf has fractured elbow
Minnesota Timberwolves center Ronny Turiaf is out indefinitely with a fractured right elbow.
Turiaf was injured Friday night in Minnesota's victory over Oklahoma City when he took a nasty spill after getting tangled up with Nick Collison. The Wolves initially called it a contusion. But an MRI on Saturday revealed the fracture.
Turiaf will not need surgery. But the team says he will be re-evaluated next week before it can determine how long he will be out. It's likely to be at least a few weeks, which puts a dent in the Timberwolves' frontcourt depth.
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos