Heat's Chalmers fined $15K for hit on Griffin
Miami Heat guard Mario Chalmers was fined $15,000 by the NBA on Friday for hitting Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin in the throat with a forearm Thursday night.
The fine stems from a play with 8:05 left in the third quarter of Thursday's game, when Chalmers was attempting to fight through a screen and raised his forearm into Griffin's neck.
Chalmers was called for a common foul during the game, but the league upgraded the infraction on Friday to a flagrant foul 1.
Chalmers appeared to complain to referees immediately after the play that the shot on Griffin wasn't intentional. Griffin grabbed his neck and shook off the blow, but did not attempt to retaliate.
Griffin finished with 27 points and 14 rebounds in the 102-97 loss to the Heat.
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos