Bulls' Rose day to day with sore hamstring
The Chicago Bulls announced Tuesday guard Derrick Rose is day to day after he suffered a "minor" hamstring injury during a victory over the Cleveland Cavaliers on Monday.
Rose did not require an MRI on the hamstring Tuesday, according to a source familiar with the situation.
The Bulls did not practice Tuesday and do not play again until Friday in Toronto against the Raptors.
Rose said Monday that he expects to play against the Raptors.
"It's just a minor sprain," Rose said. "Nothing serious. Hopefully I'll be better in a couple of days, but it's nothing big at all."
Bulls executive vice president John Paxson said Rose was feeling better Tuesday but reaffirmed that the 25 year-old was day to day after injuring his hamstring. Rose did not have to undergo an MRI Tuesday, but the organization wants to see how the hamstring responds after an off day on Tuesday.
Rose injured the hamstring on a drive to the rim, converting a layup with just less than four minutes to play. He doesn't remember exactly when the injury occurred but was removed from the game by coach Tom Thibodeau and replaced by Kirk Hinrich. Rose went toward the end of the bench and was checked by assistant trainer Jeff Tanaka.
"I really don't know," Rose said of when exactly the injury occurred. "I remember coming down the court. Really didn't feel it until after I came down and went back to the bench and [the training staff] was asking me about it. Then coming back in, it was a play where somebody knocked the ball out of bounds or something like that, and they said I wasn't moving good enough to be out on the court so they came and subbed me out."
Rose missed the past year and a half while recovering from reconstructive left knee surgery.
ESPNChicago.com's Nick Friedell contributed to this report.
- 3 Phila. schools relocating students, staff Friday 12 min ago
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers 34 min ago
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos