Pelicans' Stiemsma (knee) out 6-8 weeks
The New Orleans Pelicans say reserve center Greg Stiemsma has a left knee injury that will sideline him for six to eight weeks.
The club, which announced the injury on Friday, says an MRI showed a grade-2 sprain of Stiemsma's medial collateral ligament.
The injury occurred during the second quarter of Tuesday night's game against the Los Angeles Lakers.
The 6-foot-11 Stiemsma has played in eight games this season, averaging 2 points, 4.6 rebounds and a block in about 15 minutes per game.
New Orleans hosts the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night.
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat 22 min ago
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd. 46 min ago
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino 24 min ago
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
20 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos