Pelicans' Stiemsma (knee) out 6-8 weeks
The New Orleans Pelicans say reserve center Greg Stiemsma has a left knee injury that will sideline him for six to eight weeks.
The club, which announced the injury on Friday, says an MRI showed a grade-2 sprain of Stiemsma's medial collateral ligament.
The injury occurred during the second quarter of Tuesday night's game against the Los Angeles Lakers.
The 6-foot-11 Stiemsma has played in eight games this season, averaging 2 points, 4.6 rebounds and a block in about 15 minutes per game.
New Orleans hosts the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday night.
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos