Sacramento fans set indoor noise record
The Sacramento Kings have set a record for the loudest roar at an indoor stadium.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The Sacramento Kings have set a record for the loudest roar at an indoor stadium.
The Kings said a sellout crowd of 17,317 at Friday night's game against the Detroit Pistons broke the previous Guinness Book of World Records mark of 106.6 decibels set by Milwaukee Bucks fans in 2008 three times.
Sacramento fans reached 124.9 decibels during a first-quarter timeout. The crowd topped that at halftime and again before the fourth quarter, setting the record at 126 decibels.
An adjudicator for the Guinness Book of World Records presented the Kings with a certificate for the record. Detroit beat the Kings 97-90.
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 17 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 10 min ago
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos