Warriors' O'Neal has knee bruise, hurt groin
Golden State Warriors center Jermaine O'Neal has a bruised right knee and a strained right groin.OAKLAND, Calif. -- Golden State Warriors center Jermaine O'Neal has a bruised right knee and a strained right groin.
O'Neal didn't travel with the team for Monday night's game at Utah, and the reserve is considered day to day. An MRI exam confirmed the injury.
He was hurt early in the fourth quarter of Golden State's 102-88 victory over the Jazz on Saturday night in Oakland when he slipped along the baseline.
The Warriors signed free-agent center Dewayne Dedmon from the franchise's NBA Development League affiliate in Santa Cruz to help fill O'Neal's absence.
Dedmon played in five preseason games with Golden State, averaging 3.4 points, four rebounds and one block in 10.3 minutes. He was waived on Oct. 25.
O'Neal is in his 18th season in the NBA. He has battled numerous knee injuries throughout his career, though the most serious have been to his left knee.
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: Pictures of planned Old city luxury tower
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos