Hank Baskett talks about his "Bunny"
PHILADELPHIA - November 11, 2008 - (WPVI) -- The upcoming marriage between Philadelphia Eagle Hank Baskett and Playboy bunny Kendra Wilkinson has been a favorite topic in the tabloids recently.
Action News caught up with several Philadelphia Eagles players as they signed autographs at a fundraiser for CHOP Tuesday night.
Baskett said children's charities are something he and his fiance are both passionate about.
"Kendra has one of the biggest hearts and that's one of the things that really drew me to her," Baskett said.
The bomb-shell platinum blonde is most famous for being one of Hugh Heffner's three girlfriends in the reality show "The Girls Next Door." But Baskett says Heffner cares for Wilkinson like a daughter.
"Hef is like a father to her so he's going to be the one to give her away," Baskett said. "That's why I wanted his blessings and her mom's blessing."
Baskett has been dating Wilkinson for the last nine months and tells Action News there is much more to her than what people see on TV.
"Both of us like to stay home and wear sweats than go out and party. She's really down to Earth that's what drew us to each other," said Baskett. "Ever since I met her this is the happiest I've ever been in my life. And every day she does something else that makes me fall in love with her."
Not only is Hugh Hefner giving the bride away, he is hosting the wedding at the Playboy mansion on June 27th.
nfl, erin o'hearn
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash 14 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking light snow tonight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Police: Man strikes own brother in hit and run
- Berks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- 2 men, sitting in SUV, shot in Chester
- Victim critical after stabbing in Frankford
- 2 women injured in Overbrook fire
- Crimea votes on Ukraine secession
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Book 'em! Wilmington cop donates books to kids 46 min ago