Latest status on Westbrook
June 5, 2009 (WPVI) -- While Brian Westbrook has an injury, another running back suffers one of his own.
Eagles running back had bone fragments and scar tissue removed in his right ankle today, the same ankle he sprained in week 3.
He can't put any weight on it for at least 2 weeks.
This is Westbrook's second operation this off-season.
Back in February, he had left knee surgery, but the Eagles say they are not worried any of this affecting his abilities on the field.
To make matters worse for the Eagles, at running back, rookie and second round draft pick LeSean McCoy left the workout with a sprained thumb.
While there's uncertainly at running back, for now the Eagles aren't rushing out to sign a free agent. That all could change, before training camp opens July 26th.
nfl, jeff skversky
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet 24 min ago
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run 17 min ago
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act