Latest status on Westbrook
June 5, 2009 (WPVI) -- While Brian Westbrook has an injury, another running back suffers one of his own.
Eagles running back had bone fragments and scar tissue removed in his right ankle today, the same ankle he sprained in week 3.
He can't put any weight on it for at least 2 weeks.
This is Westbrook's second operation this off-season.
Back in February, he had left knee surgery, but the Eagles say they are not worried any of this affecting his abilities on the field.
To make matters worse for the Eagles, at running back, rookie and second round draft pick LeSean McCoy left the workout with a sprained thumb.
While there's uncertainly at running back, for now the Eagles aren't rushing out to sign a free agent. That all could change, before training camp opens July 26th.
nfl, jeff skversky
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 48 min ago
- Record Warmth! 9 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 34 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
9 min ago