McNabb clears up Vick statements
PHILADELPHIA - August 31, 2009 (WPVI) -- It's the final week of the preseason and the Eagles are looking to iron out the kinks.
As usual in the 4th game, Donovan McNabb won't be playing, but you've got to wonder if he'll ever be able to find a rhythm when sharing snaps with Michael Vick.
This, after getting obviously frustrated about how Vick was being used in Thursday's preseason game.
On Monday, McNabb said he had a productive meeting with offensive coordinator Marty Mornhinweg.
"It seemed like we were forcing a lot of different things, just to say that we ran it," McNabb said. "You can come up with gimmicks, you can come up with something else, but you need to get your game base going."
With that said, McNabb doesn't forsee Vick coming in and out of the game as a problem when the regular season rolls around, because the way he was worked in last week wouldn't reflect how it will go down the road.
"There will be games where we may very well use him. There will be situations where we may not use him quite as much," said Mornhinweg.
It could be two months before McNabb and Vick try this out in a game again. McNabb will sit out Thursday, and Vick may not be full reinstated until week 6 in October.
"It's not challenging at all. Other quarterbacks have done it and there's really no problem with it because if you look at the whole situation, it's another opportunity for us to present pressure on the defense."
Vick is likely to see time as just a quarterback during Thursday night's game against the Jets, rather than in a Wildcat Formation.
You can see the Eagles' final preseason game Thursday night starting at 7:00 p.m. on 6abc.
nfl, jeff skversky
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases