Eagles employee sorry for spitting on Cowboys star
PHILADELPHIA - January 7, 2010 (WPVI) -- An employee with the Philadelphia Eagles has apologized for spitting on the Cowboys star in the middle of Cowboys Stadium.
How does anyone know?
He posted it on the internet - and now it has gone viral.
Team officials say Dave Spadaro is an editor on the team's official website. He takes what he calls his "spudcam" on team trips. This past Sunday Spadaro, with Spudcam in hand, walked out to the middle of the Cowboy's stadium.
"Nobody's looking," Spadaro is heard to say as the video shows him walking out to the big blue star in the middle of the field. You can then hear him spit.
"There you go fellas," he continued, before spitting again.
The video was pulled from the Eagles' official web site, but not before someone grabbed it and posted it again on YouTube.
Now it's out there for all to see.
Spadaro posted an apology on the Eagles' web site. He says he got carried away and did not mean to insult the cowboys or their fans. In his letter, Spadaro states he went too far "with my Spudcam video prior to Sunday's game against the Cowboys." "It was not my intention to insult the Cowboys. It was my intention to enjoy the spirit of a great sports rivalry, and I clearly went over the line and acted unprofessionally," Spadaro goes on to say.
To read the full apology, visit the Eagles Official Website by CLICKING HERE.
The Eagles play the Cowboys on Saturday in the first round of the NFL playoffs.
It's not the first time the Cowboys' star has become the center of controversy. Back in 2006 Terrell Owens, then with the San Francisco 49ers, ignited an uproar after scoring a touchdown then celebrating right there on the Cowboy's star.
philadelphia eagles, dallas cowboys, nfl
- AccuWeather is Tracking More Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Roy Halladay retiring as a Blue Jay
- Big storm dumps snow on East Coast
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Princeton begins meningitis B vaccinations
- Obama heading to South Africa
- Transformer fire sparks SEPTA delays
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being shot 41 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Photos: Pictures from Paul Walker memorial rally
- Police: Man wasn't at casino before being...
41 min ago