Eagles sign DE Derrick Burgess
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 14, 2010 -- The Philadelphia Eagles have signed two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Derrick Burgess to replace injured rookie Brandon Graham.
Burgess, originally drafted by the Eagles in 2001, returned to Philadelphia on Tuesday after being out of the NFL this season. He was released by New England before the season.
The 32-year-old Burgess has 52 career sacks, including a league-high 16 with Oakland in 2005.
Graham, the 13th overall pick in this year's draft, tore a right knee ligament in Philadelphia's win at Dallas last Sunday.
philadelphia eagles, kevin kolb, donovan mcnabb, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 17 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 18 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 1 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 14 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 16 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 12 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures