Eagles sign DE Derrick Burgess
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - December 14, 2010 -- The Philadelphia Eagles have signed two-time Pro Bowl defensive end Derrick Burgess to replace injured rookie Brandon Graham.
Burgess, originally drafted by the Eagles in 2001, returned to Philadelphia on Tuesday after being out of the NFL this season. He was released by New England before the season.
The 32-year-old Burgess has 52 career sacks, including a league-high 16 with Oakland in 2005.
Graham, the 13th overall pick in this year's draft, tore a right knee ligament in Philadelphia's win at Dallas last Sunday.
philadelphia eagles, kevin kolb, donovan mcnabb, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose