Packers fan finds car vandalized outside stadium
PHILADELPHIA - January 9, 2011 (WPVI) -- Craig Coenen and his father Theodore had driven down for the game from Macungie, Pa., but their drive back home will be in a car that may have sustained thousands in damage.
"We pulled into the lot, some crazy guys pulled in after us and gave us the finger coming in," Craig told Action News.
But what these Green Bay Packers fans found upon leaving the game was even more unpleasant.
"Came out and noticed my car had been trashed pretty much, left side, right side, dents, windshield wipers torn off," Craig said.
So Craig, who resides in Macungie, and his father were then left to pick up the pieces.
They believe it was the same Eagles fans who saw them arriving, explaining they were drinking heavily and took the rivalry way too far.
"It's just terrible that people can do that over a game, they even have footprints going right up the side of the car on to the top, they walked on top of the car. What kind of mentality does that take?" Theodore said.
They tell Action News another nearby car owned by Packers fans also sustained some damage, but for these die hard Packers fans it's all about perspective.
"But the Packers won, so everything's okay," Craig said, trying to add some levity to the situation.
philadelphia eagles, nfl, katherine scott
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos