Talks go on but still no deal for Kolb
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) - July 27, 2011 (WPVI) -- Whatever the Arizona Cardinals were doing in their pursuit of Kevin Kolb or any other quarterback, they were keeping it to themselves.
While other quarterbacks in the NFL found new homes, Kolb remained the property of the Philadelphia Eagles on Wednesday, although there were persistent reports that the team eventually would send Michael Vick's backup to the Cardinals for cornerback Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and a draft pick.
Agents for Kolb and Rodgers-Cromartie did not return calls, and the Cardinals' brain trust remained ensconced in its upstairs offices trying to put together a team, with quarterback at the top of a list of many issues to be addressed.
Eagles sign eight of 11 draft picks
BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) - The Philadelphia Eagles have agreed to terms with eight of their 11 draft picks, giving them each four-year deals.
All but first-round pick Danny Watkins and a pair of seventh-round picks, Greg Lloyd and Stanley Havili, agreed to contracts on Wednesday, when players were due to report to training camp.
Watkins, 26, was the oldest player selected in the first round since 1980. He's projected to start on the offensive line.
Among the players who've agreed on deals are defensive backs Jaiquawn Jarrett and Curtis Marsh, linebackers Casey Matthews and Brian Rolle, offensive linemen Julian Vandervelde and Jason Kelce, kicker Alex Henery and running back Dion Lewis.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, kevin kolb, nfl
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports 16 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Female suspect arrested in Christmas package theft
- Would-be robber stabbed; suspect's mom talks
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Local men reflects on meeting with Mandela 42 min ago
- Center City rape victim speaks to Action News
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish
- Area medical schools use 'Jeopardy' as learning tool
- Freebie Friday
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate...
16 min ago