Source: DeSean Jackson plans to end holdout
PHILADELPHIA - July 31, 2011 (WPVI) -- DeSean Jackson plans to end his holdout, a source has confirmed to Action News.
The Eagles star receiver is planning to report to training camp no later than Wednesday and Jackson is doing so without a new contract
So far Jackson has missed the first 4 days of camp while trying to work out a long term deal.
The source says the Eagles did offer him an extension, but Jackson declined.
So why end the holdout now?
He is getting fined $30,000 a day and if he doesn't report soon, he will not be able to become a free agent after this season.
Jackson, a two-time Pro Bowl player, is slated to make $565,000 in base salary this season, the last on his four-year rookie deal.
Jackson had 47 catches for 1,056 yards and six touchdowns last season, and his 22.5 yard-per-catch average led the league. He also averaged 11.6 yards on 20 punt returns, the most memorable a 65-yard scoring return on the final play of a come-from-behind 38-31 victory over the Giants on Dec. 19.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl, jeff skversky
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 34 min ago
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, traps parents in room 20 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
34 min ago
- Dad ditches son's stroller to catch baseball
20 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos