Eagles looking for Christmas Eve win
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
PHILADELPHIA - December 21, 2011 (WPVI) -- Round two between the Birds and the Boys should be a Christmas Eve gift, unless the Giants beat the Jets in the 1:00pm game and play Grinch to their playoff plans.
Who can forget the last time the Eagles played the Cowboys?
The Birds beat up the Boys by 27 points back in October. It was one of the highlights of the season. "I don't think it matters what the record is or how people have played in the past. When it comes to the Cowboys and Eagles, it's a totally different thing," said Brent Celeck.
"I'm trying not to remember anything about it, because those things are not going to help us in the futer," said Jason Avant. The Eagles are not worried about it so much. Some of the players are saying they are not going to watch film from the October game, because so much has changed since then. "Both teams are playing a lot better," said Kurt Coleman, "And I think that is a compliment to the coaches, and as your season goes a long, your team is either going to get better or get worse." And the Eagles are certainly playing better, especially on defense. They have turned 7 turnovers into 38 points in their last two games. "Everybody could have just thrown in the towel or gave up, but you're really starting to see the type of character the players on the team have," said Cullen Jenkins. The Cowboys are playing better, especially quarterback Tony Romo, since having his worst performance of the season against the Eagles. Romo has thrown 18 touchdowns and just two interceptions.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 36 min ago
- Turning Milder 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle Co. 15 min ago
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
36 min ago
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in New Castle...
15 min ago
- Family searches for missing medical student
33 min ago
- Grinch slashes holiday decorations
21 min ago