Eagles hire Todd Bowles to coach secondary
PHILADELPHIA - January 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Former Dolphins interim coach Todd Bowles has been hired to coach the Philadelphia Eagles' secondary.
Bowles, a 12-year NFL coaching veteran, was 2-1 as Miami's head coach after Tony Sparano was fired. He replaces Johnny Lynn in Philadelphia. The move was announced Monday.
Bowles previously served as the Dolphins assistant head coach/secondary for three seasons (2008-11).
Bowles has also coached for Dallas, Cleveland and the New York Jets.
Bowles was a defensive back at Temple and played eight seasons in the NFL with Washington and San Francisco.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing
- Cloudy And Cooler
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Witnesses: Car drives into crowd at Virginia parade 4 min ago
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- Mother of 7-year-old hit-and-run victim speaks
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos
- Police: Boy, 6, kicked by pony on Lancaster Co. farm dies
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 70 hospitalized
- Video: Father, son to graduate college together
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen