Eagles agree to terms with QB Trent Edwards
PHILADELPHIA - February 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Eagles today announced they have agreed to terms with quarterback Trent Edwards on a one-year contract.
Edwards played in 37 games from 2007-10, making 32 starts with Buffalo and one with Jacksonville after being waived by the Bills in September of 2010.
The Los Gatos, CA native has completed 60.5% of his passes (561-of-927) for 6,019 yards and 26 touchdowns over his career.
Edwards was signed by the Oakland Raiders prior to training camp in 2011, but did not make their regular season roster. He set career-highs in 2008 with a 65.5% completion rate (245-of-374) for 2,699 yards and 11 scores in 14 starts for the Bills.
The former Stanford signal caller was drafted in the third round (92nd overall selection) by Buffalo in 2007, and his nine starts that year were the most by a rookie quarterback that season.
During his collegiate career, Edwards made 31 starts for the Cardinal from 2003-06 and finished sixth in Stanford annals in completions (487) and passing attempts (865) and seventh all-time in passing yards (5,429) and touchdowns (36). He enjoyed his best campaign as a redshirt junior in 2005, completing 168 of 268 passes (62.7%) for 1,934 yards, 17 touchdowns, and just seven interceptions. He graduated with a political science degree before entering the draft.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 30 min ago
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery
- Video: Time lapse of Seaside Heights boardwalk... 20 min ago
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Runways reopen after emergency at Heathrow Airport 34 min ago
- Actress Bynes arrested in NYC on marijuana charge
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
30 min ago