Eagles' Jason Peters ruptures Achilles
PHILADELPHIA - March 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eagles Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters has ruptured his right Achilles and is expected to miss the season.
Peters injured his leg while training in Texas on Tuesday. He will have surgery to repair the tendon next week.
A five-time Pro Bowl selection, Peters is widely considered one of the best offensive linemen in the NFL. He spent his first five seasons with Buffalo before coming to Philadelphia in 2009.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep 55 min ago
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police seek missing woman and her baby
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera 30 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook 2 min ago
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Penn Medical School sued over researcher's death
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- DA: Woman gambled away stepson's inheritance
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's