Demetrius Bell visits the Eagles
PHILADELPHIA - March 31, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Eagles are wasting no time trying to find a replacement for Jason Peters who Achilles.
A day after announcing their pro bowl tackle needs surgery, the Birds bring in his replacement.
Action News was the only station there as free agent left tackle Demetrius Bell arrived at the airport.
Bell, who played his entire four year career in Buffalo, is met with the Eagles Saturday night.
He was actually Jason Peters' replacement in Buffalo when he left the Bills for the Eagles in 2009. Now Bell may do the same.
"That was their franchise left tackle, so those are some big shoes to fill, but I am sure I can handle it," Bell said.
Bell says that he has spoken with Jason Peters several times, and while he is not able to give any details, Jason Peters is doing great.
"He told me that Philadelphia is the a great city; the city of brotherly love, a great city to be in," said Bell.
philadelphia eagles, michael vick, andy reid, desean jackson, nfl
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead 11 min ago
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Local help on the way for tornado victims 2 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How You Can Help 32 min ago
- Street-level interactive weather map
- Delaware trash can explosion leaves 1 injured 42 min ago
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- 2 teens arrested at Pennsbury H.S. prom
- SUV crashes when dog gets stuck in steering wheel
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids 32 min ago
- Crews race to find tornado survivors; 24 dead
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos